Use your creative and digital skills to work for a local start-up company.
Due to COVID-19, delivery of the programme has slightly changed and is outlined below:
- The Manchester Handbook – a business directory connecting small businesses to local people in Manchester
- Get experience – develop your skills whilst working for a company
- A range of opportunities – Animation Creator, Editorial and Copy Writer, Social Media and Marketing, and Video Communications placements available
- Commitment – first 2 weeks of June, working from home
- 4 places available, 1 for each group
Would you like an exciting opportunity to get involved in a brand new start-up company? The Manchester Handbook launched in February 2020 as a new business directory connecting local small businesses to local people in the heart of Manchester.
These Third Term placements give you the opportunity to get practical hands on experience developing your digital and creative skills in a business setting. As The Manchester Handbook is a brand new start-up, you can contribute your ideas to help grow an exciting new venture.
- Group A: Animation Creator. You will be willing and able to help the Manchester Handbook stand out from the crowd by designing and delivering an animation for the website.
- Group B: Editorial and Copy Writer. Create a written communications strategy for the website and print materials, including coming up with ideas for engaging stories.
- Group C: Social Media and Marketing. Create a social media campaign and marketing strategy, collect data and analyse interactions, grow presence on a variety of social media platforms and create engaging content for digital channels.
- Group D: Video Communications. Storyboard, design and create a short video for the website, developing key communications messages and having editorial influence over the final video.