Become a global citizen and develop your intercultural skills by experiencing academic life in another country.
- You can do this – study alongside students from different academic backgrounds from across the world
- Learn something new – choose to learn about Korean language and culture or business and law in Malaysia
- Live somewhere new – choose to experience life in Malaysia or South Korea
- Develop your sense of independence – plan for your life abroad with a dedicated support team
- Find a new you – develop your resilience and the value of different cultures
Important: In order to enable visa applications to be complete, the deadline for this activity is earlier than others. You must apply by 8 March 2020. An informal shortlisting and information event will take place on 11 March in Geoffrey Manton 104 1-3pm.
The Study in South East Asia programme provides you with the opportunity to experience life in one of two Asian cities; Kuala Lumpur and Gwangju for two or four weeks in June or August 2020. You can choose to dip your toe into life in South East Asia by learning about Korean language and culture at Chonnam National University, South Korea or business and law at Taylor’s University, Malaysia.
This programme is funded by Manchester Metropolitan University with the support of the Erasmus+ programme to enable you to benefit from studying abroad with:
- Free tuition
- Free campus accommodation
- Free university travel insurance
- £500 Third Term travel scholarship
Applying for this experience
There are up to 20 places available for the Study in South East Asia programme. We anticipate that demand for this opportunity will be high. It is therefore important that you research this experience well and submit a strong expression of interest in term for the early deadline of 8 March 2020. As with any Third Term activity, our decisions will be based on your motivation to engage with this activity, and how you anticipate it will affect your future. We may also consider your engagement with your degree. An informal shortlisting and information event will take place on 11 March in Geoffrey Manton 104 1-3pm.
When you enter your expression of interest, you will be asked to indicate your preference for a particular group. These relate to the destination you would like to travel to, and the course you would like to study whilst you are there. Your choices are as follows:
- Group A: a 4-week Korean language and culture course at Chonnam National University starting 29 June 2020
- Group B: the 2-week “Doing Business in Asia” programme at Taylor’s University, starting 2 August 2020
- Group C: a 2 or 3-week programme on the Malaysian Legal System at Taylor’s University, starting 2 August 2020