Become a global citizen and develop your intercultural skills by experiencing academic life in another country.
- You can do this – study alongside students from different academic backgrounds from across the world
- Learn something new – choose from over 200 courses from a range of different subject areas
- Live somewhere new – choose to experience life in Utrecht or Strasbourg
- Develop your sense of independence – plan for your life abroad with a dedicated support team
- Find a new you – develop your resilience and the value of different cultures
- Flexible Opportunities – choose a date and focus that suits you from our partner universities’ portfolio of summer courses
Important: In order to meet the requirements of our partner universities, the deadline for this activity is earlier than other. You must apply by 15 March 2020. An informal shortlisting and information event for Strasbourg takes place on 18 March in Geoffrey Manton 2.30 3-4.30pm, and for Utrecht takes place on 25 March in Sandra Burslem 2.10 1-3pm.
The Study in Europe programme provides you with the opportunity to experience life in one of two European cities; Utrecht and Strasbourg for one, two or four weeks between June and September 2020. You can choose from one of over 200 courses available via the Utrecht Summer School or complete EM Strasbourg’s 4-week International “European Business” Summer programme.
This programme is co-funded by Manchester Metropolitan University with the support of the Erasmus+ programme to enable you to benefit from studying abroad with:
- Free tuition
- Free campus accommodation
- Free university travel insurance
- £200 Third Term travel scholarship
Applying for this experience
There are 50 places available for this opportunity. We anticipate that demand for this opportunity will be high. It is therefore important that you research this experience well and submit a strong expression of interest in term for the early deadline of the 15 March 2020. An informal shortlisting and information event for Strasbourg takes place on 18 March in Geoffrey Manton 222 3-4.30pm, and for Utrecht takes place on 25 March in Sandra Burslem 2.10 1-3pm. As with any Third Term activity, our decisions will be based on your motivation to engage with this activity, and how you anticipate it will affect your future. We may also consider your engagement with your degree.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR PREFERRED DESTINATION UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED ONTO THE THIRD TERM PROGRAMME
When you enter your expression of interest, you will be asked to indicate your preference for a particular group. These relate to the destination you would like to travel to, and the course you would like to study whilst you are there. Your choices are as follows:
- Group A: a one or two week course at the Utrecht Summer School in June, July or August.
- Group B: the 4-week International “European Business” Summer programme at EM Strasbourg Business School, starting either 26 May or 16 June.