Experience creative qualitative research, and contribute to our understanding of the Third Term
- Gain experience of working on live research into education innovation.
- Open to anyone from any subject with an interest in creative research techniques.
- Commitment – from the end of May to the end of June, around 10 hours a week with some flexibility
- Network – an opportunity to present findings at an academic conference in September
- Host Academic – Dr John Lean
- 12 places are available to students
The Third Term is itself an innovative way of working in higher education, and we are interested in understanding the experiences of students who are taking part. We are looking for a team of student researchers from different subjects who will collect and analyse data on all of the other Third Term activities that are taking place. Building upon work started by student researchers on the pilot Third Term last year, this team will work closely with academics to design creative ways of understanding how the Third Term is experienced, and to report this to both academic and non-academic audiences. This opportunity will be particularly interesting for students from any subject with an interest in creative qualitative research, and those who want experience of exploring innovation in educational and social research.