Work in a local school to support them to improve their sustainability credentials.
- Gain skills and experience – in promoting environmentally-friendly initiatives and working in schools
- Make a real difference – launch and measure the success of your initiative
- Commitment – 14 hours per week between 25 May – 26 June
- 10 places available
Manchester Met students tell us that they care passionately about the environment – and it often features as the number one in the Student Union’s barometer of student concerns. This Third Term placement enables students from across disciplines to use the Third Term as an opportunity to take positive and affirmative action.
In this project you will have the opportunity to work in Manchester based schools to establish an initiative for them to sign up to go plastic free.
You will be involved in:
- Identifying how the school can go plastic-free by investigating alternative supplier and materials
- Work with the school staff to deliver educational sessions
- Launch your initiative and encourage the students to become ambassadors
- Measuring the success of initiative
- Develop promotional material through different mediums
- Work with the student ambassadors throughout the 4 weeks.
- Investigate how to make the project sustainable after your 4 week project finishes
- Secure local media coverage and local government interest
All students accepted to complete this activity will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check with the University before they begin. This will be fully funded by the University.