Explore Marketing careers with a range of supportive internal university placements.
- You can do this – whatever your degree discipline; various opportunities some of which are open to any student
- Valuable work experience – work in a business setting to develop your skills and boost your prospects
- Supportive environment – mentorship from professionals from the university invested in the success of our students
As one of the city’s largest employers, Manchester Met has a full range of business functions and services – and our internal departments are keen to host students to develop their confidence and experience in support of future employment. Placements in this offer are provided by our world class departments and focus on marketing strategy and communications.
You might also be interested in our Creative & Digital Placements which focus more on content production.
During the application process, you will be asked if you have a preference in group allocation. These groups relate to the placements available in this category, and a selection can be made from:
- Group A: Launch the Latte Levy– an opportunity for students from any discipline to be involved introducing ‘latte levy’ to the university. 1 place available – 9 hours per week – 25 May – 26 June.
- Group B: New Starter Inductions – an opportunity suited for all students to develop a training and induction plan for Catering and Facilities. 1 place available – 9 hours per week – 25th May – 26th June.
- Group C: Enhancing Welcome Week – suitable for students from any discipline. Create content to help promotion to students during Welcome Week in September through Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Applications. You will also support with delivering inductions with Campus teams. 2 places available – 29 hours per week – 25 May – 25 June.
- Group D: Alumni Relations – suitable for all who are interested in marketing. Working with the Development and Alumni Relations team, you will plan and co-deliver updates and information sessions, profiling alumni for graduation ceremonies brochure. 1 place available – 19 hours per week – 25 May – 26 June.
- Group E: Promote Public Sector Careers – Work with the Faculty of Health and Education Marketing Team to plan and deliver content, events and activities that supporting recruitment and celebrate the achievements of existing students as part of their graduation. You will support with things like: social media takeovers, video interviewing prospective students and blog writing. 1 place available – up to 19 hours per week – 22 June – 25 July.
- Group F: Evaluate Comms Effectiveness – work with the Widening Participation Team to analyse the success of communications to key schools. 1 place available – 29 hours per week – 25 May – 26 June.
- Group G: Develop a campaign – support with the communication of the UK’s largest end of term donation and recycling campaign- ‘Give it, don’t bin it’ to Manchester Met students. You will deliver events on and off-campus, and be able to contribute your ideas to enhance the campaign so that even more students are aware of what the campaign is, and how they can engage and contribute towards it. 1 place available – 35 hours per week – 25 May – 25 June.