Give children from disadvantaged areas a summer to remember and help provide multi-sport activities.
- Suitable for all – students from any degree discipline but must be passionate about helping children learn
- Various roles available – including coaching, first aiders, pastoral support
- Develop your skills – in collaboration and planning learning experiences for children
- Gain access and support – to a career in teaching
- Commitment – either Monday 20 July – Friday 24 July, or Monday 27 July – Friday 31 July
School holidays are not always a time that children look forward to. In some cases, children miss the routine that school provides and spend time by themselves whilst parents are at work. Many children come from backgrounds where money is tight – and therefore summer holidays are not filled with day trips and activity. We can do something about that by providing holiday clubs that children enjoy and provide them with a vital routine.
With this Third Term activity, you will plan and deliver sessions to children or provide pastoral support. If you believe in narrowing the gap in attainment for children through positive reinforcement then this is the opportunity for you.
This activity also provides an opportunity for you to gain early access and support towards a career in teaching – with specific advice on applying successfully to a PGCE.
During the application process, you will be asked if you have a preference in group allocation. There is no difference between the groups other than the days that the outreach is scheduled.
- Group A: Monday 20 July – Friday 24 July
- Group B: Monday 27 July – Friday 31 July
All students accepted to complete this activity will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check, fully funded by the University.