Gain a qualification in facilitation with young people.
- Develop key skills and experience of working collaboratively
- Gain an AQA qualification in facilitation skills
- Work with academics from Manchester Centre for Youth Studies
- Commitment – full delivery days and group work during week 22nd – 26th June
- Open to all, but particularly relevant to students who want to volunteer and/or work in education, health, criminal justice, social care, and youth and community work.
Are you interested in developing key skills for leading groups and facilitating interactive activities with young people? If you are, then the Manchester Centre for Youth Studies (MCYS) is offering a week-long interactive leadership and group work course that is for you. As part of the course you will learn to facilitate group discussions, plan and deliver engaging and inclusive activities, develop your communication skills, and gain a better understanding of group dynamics. In addition to your third-term credits, by completing the course you will gain an AQA qualification.
Throughout the Third Term, you will engage with a suite of digital resources around mentoring and leadership that will help you to understand some of the central ideas behind facilitating group activities. These will allow you to reflect on your previous experiences, and set some goals for what you want to get from the course.
Following this, the week-long course will include two days of delivery on topics such as inclusive practice, group dynamics, active listening and transformative education. There will also be some self-directed study around this. At the end of the week you will deliver sessions to peers in order to receive feedback, which you can use as part of your reflective portfolio.