Work with experts from the School of Art to develop enterprise skills to support you as a future self-employed creative professional.
- Kick start your career – as an independent creative professional
- Gain skills in business and enterprise – with a particular focus on arts and creative industries
- Access exciting projects and placements – to enhance your creative portfolio
- Opportunities to start working now – as part of a January trailblazer cohort
- Commitment – on campus 10am to 3pm on Mondays and Tuesdays between 26 May and 23 June. Please note there will be additional workshops / training / mentoring outside of core teaching days. You will generate live placements and briefs outside of teaching time also.
Kraft/Work is an innovative and responsive offer developed by the School of Art, to develop professional and employability skills targeted particularly at the Creative Industries. This will include practical skills relating to business management as a creative enterprise including project management, social enterprise, teamwork, leadership and much more. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and to gain hands-on experience through a variety of creative roles and projects.
If you are studying a creative subject, we will help you to embed professional practice skills within your studio practice to enrich your submissions and develop your skills.
If you’re not studying a creative subject, but are interested in gaining experience in this sector, Kraft/work delivers a variety of opportunities to do just that. We have interventions focusing on social enterprise and retail; delivering workshops with young people; creative curation and exhibition production; working in collectives for production; artist-in-residence exchanges; and working in publishing and broadcasting.
You can engage with the Kraft/Work as an intensive Third Term experience, or through our Trailblazer programme beginning in January (you can still claim credits through the Third Term). Contact Clare Knox-Bentham to join up to the Trailblazer or apply through the Third Term catalogue.