Once you have watched the UK Climate Change Risk Assessment 2017 – Urgent priorities for the UK, please share your thoughts on how you think that Man Met (staff and students), Manchester and the UK will be affected by climate change. What do you think are the key risks?
MMU students and staff:
– Stress on food chains may see an increase in food prices, effecting the students and staff at mmu.
– Adverse weather conditions may cause transport disruptions into university. This may include international students travelling into the country to study.
– A risk to nature: more species becoming endangered.
– Increased risk of flooding to coastal regions or flat land.
– Hotter summers causing health risks to people and putting stress on the water resources.
Hi Rose, Natalie from the Third Term team here. I just wanted to say thank you for engaging with the forums. Hopefully you’ll be joined by some other people soon. However, in the mean time, let me know if you have any questions 🙂