Support a non-profit organisation whilst enhancing your creative skills and learning something new.
- Suitable for all – improve your digital skills in a supportive environment alongside students from any degree subject
- Make a difference – apply what you learn and make a positive contribution to the work of a charity
- Choose what you study – explore different areas of Digital Action such as copy writing, graphic design, social media marketing and web design before picking your own favourite specialism
- Employability – learn from industry experts how to make yourself more employable in the UK’s second largest creative and digital hub
- Flexibility – learn through online study, team project work and a small number of on-campus sessions
- Awards – gain external recognition in the form of a Bronze iDEA Award
- Commitment – workshops and events will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 26 May and 19 June, and also on Friday 29 May and Friday 19 June you will also be required to complete online learning and project work in times that suit you and your group
Manchester has one of the most vibrant digital sectors in Europe. From marketing to app design, from virtual reality to broadcast production, the sector is growing at an incredible rate whatever your interests. It is creating a strong employment market, and employers are interested in students from all disciplines – the ability to think creatively and work collaboratively is sometimes more important than specific degrees in creative subjects.
This Third Term activity enables you to make a real difference to a non-profit organisation. With other students, you will work directly with a charity to showcase your creativity and support the work that they do. This will put you in great stead to work in the charity or digital marketing sectors, but all industries will need you to “sell” something, whether it be a campaign, a service or even yourself.
- Develop transferable skills through online learning, completed before the beginning of June
- Attend a taster day on 29 May to explore different areas of Digital Action such as copy writing, graphic design, social media marketing and web design before picking your own favorite specialism
- Develop skills in your chosen specialism through an online learning package and explore how these skills can be used in a workshop delivered by industry experts
- Work with other students to put your learning into practice – working directly with a charity or community group on a brief to develop a social media campaign, website, blog, or branding exercise to support their work
- Pitch your idea back to the organisation and industry experts