Create a chatbot in Python to discuss the public’s trust in AI systems
- Collaborate Work as part of a team to develop and train a new chatbot.
- Develop your research skills whilst building an app for your digital portfolio.
- Commitment– expect to work between the 26th May and 19th June, with a schedule negotiated with your hosts
- Prior Experience Some experience of coding in Python is required.
- Host Academic – Dr Annabel Latham
- Four positions available
The research project involves working in a group to create a chatbot using Python chatbotAI libraries, and training it to question and discuss trust in AI systems by the general public.
Students should be comfortable coding in Python, although only minimal coding is required, and working with researchers to model conversations based on existing work, examples of conversations from outreach events and press articles. The output will be a trained chatbot ready to deploy online to gather conversational data for analysis and improvement.