Get involved in Manchester’s creative scene and work directly with an art business owner.
- Cotton On MCR – keeps people up to date with Manchester’s ever changing arts and creative scene
- Network – work directly alongside the owner of a Manchester based art company
- Develop your skills – particularly your writing, digital and social media skills
- Commitment – first 2 weeks of June, 9.30am-5pm working at the company
- 1 place available
Cotton On MCR aims to be the one-stop-shop for everything that is art in Manchester, via their website, social media, online shop and events. With so many aspects to the company, there are a range of tasks you can get involved in to boost your experience and skills.
This Third Term placement is for those who are interested in Manchester’s art scene themselves, and want to develop your writing and event planning skills. – You might even be interested in starting your own business – with this opportunity, you will work closely with someone who has started their own arts company and those connections in business can be invaluable:
- Write blog posts, reviews and interviews with artists and other Manchester creatives
- Assist in event planning such as exhibitions, workshops, art fairs and markets
- Event planning tasks will include data inputting, research, budget management, and researching and working with suppliers
- Photo and video to capture those events
- Administrative tasks to support the running of the website and business
You will be given a £30 stipend to cover travel costs on the completion of your activity.