Showcase your passion for writing and get experience with a publishing house.
- Comma Press – a not-for-profit publishing house, writer development agency and digital innovator
- Develop your skills – in research, teamwork, marketing, publicity and social media
- Gain insight – into what it’s like to work in the publishing industry
- Commitment – first 2 weeks of June, working at Comma Press’ offices in Manchester
- 1 place available
Comma Press is a dynamic not-for-profit publishing house in Manchester that has been at the forefront of short story publishing for over a decade. Their mission is to put the short story at the heart of contemporary culture, and to provide support for emerging writers in the UK and beyond.
With this Third Term placement, you will have the opportunity to showcase your passion for literature whilst developing your communication skills, ability to research and attention to detail – skills that are essential in the publishing industry:
- Carry out market research to discover new audiences for books
- Assist with marketing and public engagement events including book launches
- Contribute to the blog, newsletter and website
- Strengthen Comma Press’ social media identity