Work on a live project to offer solutions that have a real impact to a community organisation.
- Business in the Community – a membership organisation dedicated to responsible business
- Collaboration – work with students to tackle a live project set by a community organisation
- Network – get support from an industry mentor to help develop your ideas
- Pitch your response – offer solutions to your organisation
- Commitment – between 25 May and 19 June, including on-campus sessions and site visits to the community organisation
- 50 places available
Business in the Community (BITC) is an established business-led membership organisation dedicated to responsible business. BITC’s Community Consultancy Projects will group you with fellow students and give you the opportunity to tackle a live project set by a community organisation.
Projects may involve challenges such as finding ways to enhance volunteer recruitment, or reviewing internal business processes. BITC will complete a Needs Analysis with each participating community organisation, so your work will be relevant and highly impactful.
This Third Term placement will provide you with professional experience, and an insight into responsible business which will be invaluable for whatever future industry you work in. Having professional contacts and access to an industry mentor will enable you to make connections across the community in which you live and study:
- BITC will introduce you to the concepts of Responsible Business through an on-campus workshop
- Gain a real understanding of your partner organisation,, the work they do and the community connections with on site visits
- Access support from an industry mentor in your group, to help with the development of ideas towards your brief
- Work as a group to work on your brief and pitch your response on 19 June at the university
You will be given a £30 stipend to cover travel costs on the completion of your activity.